Wednesday 25 July 2012

Hobbling

Isn't it amazing how easily and quickly you can injure yourself?
Yesterday morning I was walking downstairs with one armful of washing and another on the bannister when two steps from the bottom, my left foot slipped and I ended up landing most of my weight on my big toe! Ouch! Not the first word which sprang to mind.
I sat on the bottom step, still clutching the laundry, holding my foot and holding back the tears. What pain!
Hubby is away so I couldn't just crumble in a heap and let him take over.
I had a few plans for yesterday but apart from putting the laundry into the washing machine most of the day was spent with my foot up, with ice applied.
I hobbled around the block with Maisie dog who was keen to get a walk but that took ages and was painful too.
This morning my toe had turned a lovely purple- black colour, was swollen and painful to touch or bend.
I managed, somehow, to drive to a couple of local patients but I ended up postponing a couple of more distant ones.
Let's hope it feels better tomorrow. I have more patients and I don't think it looks too good if your foot lady turns up hobbling/limping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I look forward to your comments :)